Please submit your application in writing to the admissions office:
University of Education Freiburg
D- 79117 Freiburg
Please submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae in English
- School-leaving certificates which qualify the holder for undergraduate study at university (e.g. Germany – Abitur; UK – A-levels). These may vary from country to country.
- Certificate for a university degree (240 ECTS) or – in case of less credit points – proof of any other relevant experience and/or vocational qualifications
- Evidence of qualified employment in the field of education or in a language-related area of at least one year’s duration (proportionally longer if employment was part-time) qualified employment
- Evidence of the required English language ability. If you are a native speaker of the English language or have completed your undergraduate study in English, evidence is not needed. language requirements
- Personal statement in English setting out reasons for wanting to take part in the course (max. 3,000 words = approx. 2 pages A4)
- Signed statement that the above is the student’s own work
- Diploma Supplement and Transcript of Records of the applicant’s first degree (see point 3 above)
- A statement to the effect that the applicant has neither failed nor been excluded from either the Master’s examination in the same degree course or one with similar content, at the Freiburg University of Education or any other university
The documents listed in point 2 and from point 5 to point 8 must be submitted as copies of the originals and should be in German or English. Any translations must be officially certified. The University reserves the right to ask to see the originals or certified copies at immatriculation.
If you are unsure about what documents to submit, please